TAKE BACK OUR CAMPUS!

Lawsuit-free since 9/14/05

Sunday, October 10, 2004

"I own a timber company? That's news to me."

For anyone watching the presidential debates on Friday, you undoubtedly caught the following exchange:

Kerry: The president got $84 from a timber company that he owns, and he's counted as a small business. Dick Cheney's counted as a small business. That's how they do things. That's just not right.

Bush: I own a timber company? [Pause] That's news to me.

(LAUGHTER)


"News to me"? Funny, it shouldn't be. Here's documentation showing Bush's part ownserhip in a company existing "for the purpose of the production of trees for commercial sales."

One can draw either of two possible conclusions from this. Either he really did forget that he was part owner of a timber company, and did, in fact, under his own legislation qualify as a small business; or he lied, and as usual, Kerry didn't call him on it.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home